Twitch kicks off Science Week by streaming Sagan’s ‘Cosmos’
After the second broadcast, the official Twitch channel will air a live Q&A with Ann Druyan, Cosmos co-creator and Sagan’s wife. Druyan said she’s "truly excited to share Cosmos… with the vast Twitch community." Her husband "wanted to tear down the walls that exclude most of us from the scientific experience," after all, "so that we could take the awesome revelations of science to heart." She added that "the power of the original Cosmos series, with its enduring appeal to every generation since, is evidence of how much we hunger to feel our connection to the universe."
The marathon and Druyan’s interview aren’t the only things you can look forward to. As part of Science Week, Twitch is also interviewing quite a lengthy list of prominent personalities in the field, including:
- Matthew Buffington – Director of Public Affairs at NASA’s Ames Research Center in Silicon Valley and host of NASA in Silicon Valley podcast
- Ariane Cornell — Head of Astronaut Strategy and Sales and Head of North American Sales for the New Glenn Rocket at Blue Origin
- Scott Manley — Astronomer and online gaming personality under the handle, "Szyzyg," best known for video content about science and video games like Kerbal Space Program
- Pamela Gay — Astronomer and Principal Investigator of CosmoQuest, a citizen science facility, and the Director of Technology and Citizen Science at the Astronomical Society of the Pacific.
- Kishore Hari — Science educator and director of Bay Area Science Festival, based out of the University of California, San Francisco, best known as one of the lead organizers of the global March for Science
- Fraser Cain — Publisher of Universe Today, one of the most visited space and astronomy news websites on the internet, which he founded in 1999. He’s also the co- host of the long running Astronomy Cast podcast with Dr. Pamela Gay. Fraser is an advocate for citizen science in astronomy, and on the board of directors for Cosmoquest, which allows anyone to contribute to discoveries in space and astronomy.
- EJ_SA — Streaming on Twitch since December 2012, EJ_SA has been focused on showing viewers the seemingly magical accomplishments of past, present, and future space programs in KSP. This is where Space Shuttles fly, Rockets land, and Space Stations are built! Interactive chat, questions answered and weird facts about space all come together here!
- Phil Plait — Astronomer and science communicator. He writes the Bad Astronomy blog for Syfy Wire, was the head science writer for the new Netflix show Bill Nye Saves the World!, and is the science consultant on the science fiction mini-series Salvation coming out in the summer of 2017. He is a tireless promoter of science and lives to share his joy for the natural world.
generated by uKeeper – from link to full page